How to keep Kale fresh #nationalkaleday
How to keep your Kale fresh.
Just in time for #nationalkaleday
Kale is a great green that is healthy and delicious. Proper storage is important and will increase the shelf life.
1. Store your kale in the coldest part of your fridge! Kale tends to spoil much quicker when stored at room temperature.
2. Wrap it in a paper towel and then place it in an air tight bag (ziploc.)
3. Do not de-stem! You only want to cut it and wash it prior to use.
4. Keep away from other fruits and vegetables! Kale is very sensitive to ethylene gas, which is something certain produce items produce naturally that cause spoilage.
5. Invest in a humidity control/ethylene gas absorber!
Some fruits and vegetables that you should not store near kale:
Apples Apricots Avocados Bananas Cantaloupe Honeydew Peaches Pears Plums Tomatoes
Follow these directions and your Kale will stay fresh longer, guaranteed!